“It’s a marvelous night for a moondance -with the stars up above in your eyes … A fantabulous night to make romance ‘Neath the cover of October skies” -Van Morrison
Full harvest moon in Aries
The full harvest moon is in Aries, a fire sign. It shares many of the qualities of fire. Ares, the god of war, is ruled by Mars…Combativeness. Challenge. Vitality. Vigor. Potency. Virility. Chiron, the wounded healer is in also Aries, as well as Mars, which is currently retrograding. Venus is in Leo now, too…Lotsa fire.
- Tune into this burst of energy to finally start a thing that you’ve been putting off– or finish it!
- Create beauty in any form: decorate, try on a new look with your hair makeup or style of dress
- Speak up and ask for what you want, be bolder – and then lean into cooperative agreements
- Re-ignite or start a romantic relationship, a strategic alliance, partnership or collaboration
Sun is in Libra
Libra’s an air sign, ruled by Venus. Goddess of love. The energy brings more cerebral awareness and appreciation for feminine beauty and fairness in all things. Air signs are kinda like vibration on the wind… But when Venus and Mars get together…hot. Out of their unions, they created a few children. Eros (God of love and sex), twin boys Phobos (God of fear) and Deimos (God of terror), Harmonia (Goddess of harmony) and a bunch of cherubs called Erotes.
Air feeds a Fire. But it can also blow it out. Every full moon offers an opportunity to connect to the dichotomy of two opposing archetypes and activate them with it’s intense energy. How you will be affected depends on your own astrological makeup.
Hot-stuff Aries can provide the fire-power and courage that’s needed to get the results you want. Results that feels fair, and good. The Libra Sun will help to keep you balanced. Especially when the Aries part of your personality is ready to fight, (consequences be damned!).
Libra polarity offers deliberation, and knows a well-thought out compromise is totally possible. You have to be willing to be open to those possibilities, though. If you can’t see it from a different perspective, get some help with this!
Remember, Libra offers a bit of grace, beauty and diplomacy to everything. So you can trust in the sensibility of not being too impulsive, too suddenly. Especially when it’s just really time to finally just change something you’ve been avoiding for too long.
Life is diverse and constantly changing.
The trees are reminding us that it is so… crispy leaves dropping quickly to the cool ground. The afternoons are still warming up nicely and I can still get away with bare feet outside in the grass. The tilt of the light has noticeably shifted. The golden sunsets scattered over the mountains brings the darkness a little too soon for my taste. But if you’re up early, you can peep out the planet Venus pre-dawn, and Mars at night. (click the links to help find them in the sky.
The Aries/Libra timing will energize the polarity and your personal beliefs between:
- Caring for yourself & Caring for others- How’s that going?
- Your stubborn independence and fervent wish for true partnership
- masculine roles & feminine roles
- your precious autonomy & your co-dependent tendencies
- Your desire to thoroughly conquer and control & your desire to completely surrender and allow
- Decisive actions you powerfully take & indecision..just thinking about taking action
- Your relationship and beliefs around challenge & harmony
You can find the gifts of each, and create change that feels awesome.