The path of evolution for the Light-worker and Artist-creatrix is similar.
There’s always room for improvement. A healthy desire for growth motivates you to be better than you were before. It’s evolution baby!
What actually motivates you to do it varies greatly from person to person. It’s important to know why you want to grow. In order to connect to the stamina and vitality that makes it all worthwhile, you’ll need to know your motivator. And know it well.
Most common growth motivators are:
- Elevating or improving your art, techniques, strategies or current expertise
- Pushing yourself past fear to embrace more risk for advancement
- A big change. Any kind. New home, job/project, a breakup, relocating, death, or a lifestyle upgrade.
- A situation or project that requires more responsibility, leadership or creativity
- Any opportunity that forces you to ‘up your game’
- Learning a new skill that’ll make your health, business or relationship awesome
- Pain. A great motivator. This can be acute or chronic. Physical, mental, or emotional
- A meaningful desire, goal, world domination etc. whatever is motivating you.
There’s a few things that get in the way.
Let’s look at what’s going on from a few other perspectives so that you can be even more successful.…You may think you’re willing to put the work in to gain these new abilities, mindsets or skill sets. Maybe you’ve done some research. Or a LOT of research. Maybe you already know what you ‘should’ do…But you’re not doing it. Procrastinating. Maybe you’ve done so much already and are just burnt out.
You need effective self care practices to keep moving.
What’s getting in the way of your effectiveness? You’re Xtra creative- and maybe you have a totally different, brilliant excuse…But I bet two of your favorite sweet treats, that it’s one of these three common things:
1. Your Self talk
How you communicate with yourself and the meanings you give to things are key. Are the words in your head positive or negative? It could be your own lack of self-trust or sound like stuff that some jerk told you about yourself or your abilities. Maybe it was even someone you respected, love, or loved. Then it hurts even more. Yet that head-noise continues to play on and on…like some lame-ass song you can’t stand. Any overly critical narratives can ruin your growth. More on how to stop negative self talk here.
2. Your Fear of Failure
The thoughts you’re thinking about your growth and goals extend into the subconscious mind. Maybe you tried a thing a few times and it didn’t work. You might’ve talked yourself into thinking it’s just not worth being embarrassed or rejected. Fear of failure can prevent you from speaking up- or out- on something that’s important ’cause you’re unsure of how it’ll be received. So you don’t do it. That feels inauthentic and kinda like failure too. You won’t even ask the ‘shameful’ questions that wanna get asked. Worse, you won’t share any of your far out ideas..Because…what if it sucks, you’re wrong, or it just doesn’t work? Growth won’t happen here either.
3. You’re Uncomfortable with Change
You like the way things are. Predictability. It doesn’t feel good, like crap actually, but comfortable. Change is uncomfortable by nature. You haven’t successfully done this thing before. How could you possibly feel comfortability with it? Truth is, you can’t, Sweetness. This is a huge hurtle we’ve all got to face, or be dragged along, kicking and screaming, into the ‘new growth’ area anyway. Only now, it’ll likely be on someone or something else’s terms. This will inevitably annoy you and invite your full-on hardcore resistance, or a strong desire to rebel… and that could sabotage your growth too.
- How or what am I trying to grow? (check the common motivators ⬆ up top)
- What’s getting in the way of my effectiveness? (self talk, fear of failure, uncomfortable with change, etc.)
- What do I actually get out of this type of growth? (not the end- goal itself…the feeling or the new way of being)
If you answer these questions right now you’ll discover who you are and why you do the things you do. I dare you to answer these in the comments.
Everybody’s different. That’s why I use a little astrology magic to work with the planetary timings AND astrological archetypes to make growth & evolution easier, sexier & more fun for you. Create self care structures based on your strengths and weaknesses that’ll help make good things happen for you faster. With less stress and more joy.